DirectShifts has set out to modernize healthcare recruiting. We're a team of physicians, entrepreneurs, and problem solvers who have come together to solve major pain points facing employers and medical professionals today.
We have built a healthcare staffing technology platform that connects healthcare professionals directly with employers by using advanced technologies and digitizing the recruitment and staffing processes. Using an AI-based platform, DirectShifts matches the right clinicians to the right jobs at healthcare employers.
We’re a Y Combinator graduate (YC S19), backed by leading investors, and are growing rapidly.
To further support our growth, we are looking for a Director of Compliance who will monitor all operational and financial processes and procedures to ensure that DirectShifts complies with all legal regulations, tax codes, labor laws, internal policies and ethical standards and help grow our business the most scalable way! We have assembled a high-performing team at DirectShifts, but we need to add more great employees as we scale rapidly.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to fine tune existing SOPs and add new ones to enable growth and expansion into more geographies and specialties. As a result, this individual will be responsible for working with other functions like Delivery, Finance ops, HR and Marketing. This individual will help further enhance organization reputation by bringing compliance recognition to the company and providing leadership in this function within the company
We are looking for a candidate who is strong at both building out process and also rolling up their sleeves to implement the same so that we can efficiently and effectively our business.
If you’re looking to work with a fast-growing business solving big problems, and the role sounds like a good fit, let us know!
• Partner with the management team to assess current state of finance, tax and operations compliance requirements and set goals.
• Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including classification of employees/ Independent contractors (1099, W2), payroll, I-9 Verifications etc
• Ensure compliance to State registrations, Tax set up, ACA mandates, paid sick time benefits, background checks as per FCRA & other co-employment regulations
• Design and develops compliance financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances.
• Plan and review compensation strategies.
• Establish compliance standards and designs improvements to internal control structures.
• Minimize legal risks by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing regulations, recommending new procedures, and complying with legal requirements.
• Develop and implement company policies and regulations by communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures to direct reports, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
• Align monetary resources, develops action plans, measures and analyzes results, initiates corrective actions, and minimizes the impact of variances
• BA or BS in finance, accounting, legal, business management, or similar field
• Managerial experience a plus
• 3-5 years relevant work experience in compliance environment, preferably in financial compliance
• Good to have: International Compliance Association (ICA) certification, Certified Securities Compliance Professional (CSCP)
• Proven ability to design and implement infrastructure and process
• Ability to clearly articulate opportunities to build enthusiasm with potential candidates
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong bias for action; not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
• Smart, humble, driven, and a team player
• Track record of success
DirectShifts connects clinicians to hospitals directly for short term clinical work including locum tenens. DirectShifts enables clinicians to get paid higher and apply for jobs in a convenient and transparent manner