March 26, 2023
March 26, 2023
Here’s an encouraging statistic: According to the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB), 74% of test takers in 2016 passed the Acute Care Certification exam on the first try. You can too! With thorough preparation, effective studying, and practice, we know you’ll accomplish your goal and receive your Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care Certification (PNP-AC).
The CPNP-AC exam will test your ability to apply knowledge and use critical thinking skills to choose one best answer among several choices. That's why you’ll want to adequately prepare and have a strategy to answer multiple choice questions. It’s not enough to just know the material. You’ll also need to know how to apply it effectively to different scenarios. But if you think about it, that’s not so different from the day-to-day responsibilities of a working PNP! The exam includes questions on primary care and acute care topics. However, the split is about 30/70, with the majority of questions focused on acute care. Therefore, it’s a good rule of thumb to spend about 30% of your time studying primary care, and the remaining 70% on acute care.
With so many opportunities available to Nurse Practitioners today, finding the perfect job to ease your transition to practice can be a challenge. The same care you put into your schooling should go into finding your first job.
To take advantage of our specialized job matching services visit our job board and sign up for job alerts. The best part? There is never a fee for candidates to work with us! Take a look at some of these great job openings!
This article was originally published on Melnic. It was recently acquired by DirectShifts.